Sunday, May 27, 2007

Breast Cancer Symbol Dishcloth v.1


Pattern: Knitwits-Heaven

Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots (#90420 Pretty In Pink)

Needles: US#7 Straights


I started this dishcloth Wednesday evening. I was looking for something simple and quick to knit while waiting during my mothers surgery so I decided on a dishcloth. As I was looking for something I went to a group that I had just recently joined and asked for a pattern. I was so over whelmed with all the great patterns I was sent or told about. I would like to thank everyone for over at http://monthlydishclothkal.blogspot.com/ for letting me join your KAL and giving me the great links to all the wonderful Breast Cancer Symbol Dishcloths.


This is the first time that I have made a dishcloth out of Cotton Tots and I have to say I really like the feel of it. The only think that I might have done differently is use a smaller needle. I did not like my transitions between knit/purl visa versa. I am not sure if it was the yarn or the knitting but I will make this one again. The border on this cloth is in seed stitch which is one of my least favorite stitches ((Uptil Now)) made such a nice edging.
Enjoy and Stay tuned to more knitting adventures.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lil Knitter said...

Janet,
It looks great...very pretty. I've never used this yarn but looks very soft. Maybe it's time to try some. Love your blog

Sunday, May 27, 2007 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Congratulations on your first dishcloth. I have made several for myself, my mom, and mother inlaw.

I also love your entrelac bag. That is my next hurdle; to do that.

Knit on,

Deb G
debnct.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

love the pink cloth! I must make one!

Monday, May 28, 2007 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the dish cloth! Glad to see you back blogging again!

Monday, May 28, 2007 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger LW said...

That dishcloth is really cute. I never liked seed stitch either until it was on an edging and I think for edgings it just looks so good!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Yeah, I'm still here...at least til they decide I'm not needed at B.memorial Labor & Delivery... Great dishcloth, BTW :-)

Friday, June 01, 2007 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger PnP said...

Janet, so glad you are back blogging, your work is beautiful and I really enjoy seeing what you come up with next. Take care, hope to see you in my neck of the woods sometime soon!

Debra in Studio City!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home