Friday, June 08, 2007

Red & White DW Stitch Dishcloth




Here is my lastest creation. I used Peaches & Cream (#191 Peppermint) with a US#7.

I had asked several individuals and groups about varigated yarn and what pattern to use. I looked at all the great links that I was told about and the best that I had found was KnittingKnonsense. I had attempted to make several different patterns with this yarn but just was not happy with how it was turning out until I had asked the groups. I tried a total of 4 different patterns prior to this, frogging all of them. I finally gave the links that I was told about a good look and I ended up doing The "Infamous" Darrell Waltrip Cloth by Rhonda K. White rather then the "Lacy Round Cloth" . The pattern made the yarn stand out fantastic. I like the way that the diamonds appeared in the pattern as the rows were worked.

If you have done this pattern try it you will like it. I loved it!
Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I love how your cloth turned out. I will have to give that one a try.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 2:23:00 AM  
Blogger DawnK said...

Your cloth is so pretty! I'm going to have to make an effort to try that pattern!

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

I love the DW cloth too! Yours is very pretty. I love how it works so well with the variegated yarns!

happy knitting :)

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

I have never seen the DW called the Bee Stitch, but I have done this one called Bee Stitch and really like the look with varigated yarn.

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/beestitchcloth.html

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home